The Best Romantic Comedies to Stream On Netflix, Hulu, & Amazon PrimeJune 2, 2021
The Best Rom Coms Streaming Now
Whether you’re looking for a romantic comedy that will bring you closer to your partner or one to forget the relationship you’ve left behind, there’s something for everyone in this round-up of the greatest rom coms on Hulu, Netflix and Amazon Prime Video. Start streaming.
Best 90s Romantic Comedies to Watch After a Breakup
- Sabrina on Amazon Prime Video: A woman returns to where she grew up and tries to lure the affections of her childhood crush, but winds up falling for his brother, played by Harrison Ford.
- My Best Friend’s Wedding on Hulu: Julia Roberts tries to sabotage her best friend’s wedding after realizing she has feelings for him. Her efforts don’t go as planned.
- Kicking and Screaming on Netflix: A group of friends are stuck in college mode, even after graduation, in this classic indie full of witty dialogue that launched the career of respected filmmaker Noah Baumbach.
Best Teen Rom Coms
- Easy A on Netflix: Emma Stone plays a high school student who is anonymous among the student body and encourages a tantalizing, but false, rumor in order to become more popular.
- Love, Simon on Hulu: A teenage boy navigates high school friends and romance while trying to keep a secret from those around him in this modern classic based on the novel by Becky Albertalli.
- Love & Basketball on Hulu: Monica and Quincy have been friends since they were children. As they grow up, their relationship to basketball and to each other deepens.
- Stuck in Love on Netflix: Two teenage siblings and their divorced parents navigate love over the course of one defining year.
Best Rom Coms on Amazon Prime
- Brittany Runs a Marathon: A young woman hangs up her unhealthy lifestyle to train for the New York City Marathon and finds love, friendship, and self-worth along the way.
- The Big Sick: Kumail and Emily struggle to maintain their relationship in the face of wildly different backgrounds. After Emily contracts a mysterious illness, Kumail has to navigate her parents, his family, and his true feelings.
- Love, Rosie: Rosie and Alex have been best friends since kindergarten, but could they also be right for each other in love? The only people standing in the way of figuring it out are themselves.
- Letters to Juliet: Amanda Seyfried plays a young woman who dreams of becoming a writer. She travels to Italy and joins the “Secretaries of Juliet”, a society that answers letters of unrequited love.
Best Rom Coms on Netflix
- Safety Not Guaranteed: Three magazine employees are assigned to interview a man who placed a classified ad looking for a time travel companion. When one of them pretends to answer the ad, she finds herself falling for him.
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before: A teenage girl’s secret love letters are revealed with disastrous results for her love life.
- Scott Pilgrim vs the World: A young man has to battle and defeat each of his new girlfriend’s seven evil exes in order to win her heart in this magical movie based on the comic book series.
- The Lovebirds: A couple who had been falling out of love with each other find the spark rekindled when they inadvertently find themselves in the middle of a murder mystery.
Best Rom Coms on Hulu
- Plus One: Two friends agree to get through an insane summer schedule of weddings by being each other’s plus ones for every event they’re invited to.
- Friends with Kids: Two close friends decide the best way to have a family is together as part of their platonic relationship, after seeing that children take a toll on the relationships around them.
- Palm Springs: When two people meet at a Palm Springs wedding, they find themselves stuck in one of those “infinite time loop situations.” Will repeating the same day make them realize they’re perfect for each other?
- The Wedding Planner: San Francisco’s best wedding planner, played by Jennifer Lopez, breaks the cardinal rule of her trade: falling in love with the groom, played by Matthew McConaughey.
*Internet service is required for TiVo service. Limited to residential Wave customers. Access to Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, and Hulu requires compatible TiVo equipment and Wave Internet service. © 2021 TiVo Corporation. All rights reserved. TiVo, and the TiVo logo are registered trademarks of TiVo Corporation or its subsidiaries worldwide. Streaming service providers Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, and Hulu require a separate membership. © 2021 Amazon.com, Inc. All rights reserved. Amazon Prime Video requires a membership to Amazon Prime. © 2021 Netflix. All rights reserved. Netflix is a registered trademark of Netflix, Inc. Netflix unlimited streaming membership is required. © 2021 Hulu. Hulu subscription required. Hulu, the Hulu logo, and other Hulu marks, graphics, logos, scripts, and sounds are trademarks of Hulu, LLC. All Rights Reserved. ©2021 WaveDivision Holdings, LLC. All Rights Reserved. All other logos are trademarks of their respective owners. Other restrictions may apply.